Why Bullet proof Mobile Security is more important then ever
When you effectively manage the threats, there is no limit to the benefits that mobile productivity can bring to your organisation
- How do you currently protect your data?
- What devices are currently accessing your network and how can you successfully manage a BYOD (Bring your own device) fleet whilst ensuring total security on the devices to prevent data breaches?
At Trinity we are wholly independent, so we’ll take the time to research best in breed partners and we can advise which partner has the right solution for you:
The good news is the right security systems mean your employees can benefit from the power and flexibility of the latest devices without any cause for concern. They’re about enabling your business, not restricting it.
The bad news is this subject comes with its fair share of jargon and acronyms! There’s no need for you to get entangled in this as we’ll work out what your business really needs. But if you do want to find out more, read on …
Enterprise mobility management (EMM) is the industry’s umbrella term for solutions which provide companies with a great deal of mobile data protection. They allow you to manage your devices and automatically define security settings so your employees can access corporate data safely.
There are three main components of EMM platforms – covering the three main aspects of employees’ mobile use:
- mobile device management (MDM)
- mobile application management (MAM), and
- mobile content management (MCM)
Mobile device management (MDM) is, as the name suggests, about helping you control and manage your company’s devices. MDM tools typically facilitate:
- hardware and application inventory
- configuration of security policies such as passwords, encryption, WiFi settings and detection of ‘jailbroken’ devices
- actions such as remote wipes, remote locking, device location mapping and passcode clearing
- access to self-service portals to enable your users to protect both personal and company data
Mobile application management (MAM) tools help you control the software your employees use on their devices – both any you’ve developed internally and commercially available apps. These are particularly useful in enabling developers to incorporate important security features within applications they develop in-house.
Mobile content management (MCM) tools secure your company’s data while preserving the user experience on devices – whether they’re provided by your company or are your employees’ own. Users can access their email, contacts, calendars, apps, documents and the web safely from within the secure system installed.
To discuss how we can help an enterprise mobility management (EMM) system bring you peace of mind, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.